Wednesday, December 11, 2013

The Stay at Home Mom Chronicles :: Griffin's Grooming Kit

My days around here seem to run together.
Ordinary moments unfold around me daily
and I need to stop and relish in them.

One day, my boys will be out living life
and I will miss these everyday experiences.

So, I am taking the time to document
the simple moments that pass between us.
I'm calling this little collection of memories...

Photobucket

Griffin's Grooming Kit


My mom recently bought Griffin
his very first grooming kit
and it's been a huge deal over here.

Each morning, Griffin takes a moment to
spray on his Batman Citrus Scented Body Spray.

I had to teach him to spray it and walk through it
because he was applying about 20 sprays in one sitting.

We had a little talk about there being a fine line
between smelling fresh and smelling stinky from over-application.


 He's also very proud of his Citrus Scented Hair Gel.
Before school, he puts a glob of gel in his hand
and smacks it onto the front of his hair.

He then grabs his Batman comb and 
runs it through the gel, creating one smoothed down
and crusty spot on his head.


He refuses to use our trusty "No tears baby shampoo"
and has to wash his hair with his citrus scented shampoo.

It's so cute to see his little hair product
lined up in the shower next to mine.

My little guy is growing up, just a bit.

I know I'll always treasure the memory
of my almost 9-year-old boy's first grooming kit.

1 comment:

Linda D. said...

Oh that's a definite rite of passage! Once little guys start grooming, girlfriends are not far behind!