Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Day Lily Goodness

My dad answered an ad in the paper
that was placed by an 80 year old lady named Betty
who was retiring from gardening
and wanted to sell her beloved Day Lillies.

Poppy was just the man to take care of them for her.
So, now his garden is bursting with bright blooms.

These girls are just too cheerful not to share.

I even named each flower,
that's how much I love them.


DSC_0275_1-2

Pearl

DSC_0272_1-2

Beatrice and Adelaide

DSC_0276_1

Jospehine

DSC_0278_1

The Fiery Gals

DSC_0281_1

Millie

DSC_0282_1-2

Vivian

DSC_0270_1

Arabella

6 comments:

Linda D. said...

They're all beautiful but I love the Firey Girls!

Linda D. said...

Oh, I hit "publish" before finished: I'll bet Betty was happy to have such a good sale of those pretty Day Lillies! As always pretty photos.

Katherine said...

Those are beautiful! They remind me of all the day lilies that are blooming around here (in other people's yards, not mine.)

Andrea said...

I didn't realize there were so many lovely day lily ladies! With a daughter named Lily, I try to have several varieties. That is wonderful that Betty found a home, and even better that you get to enjoy them!

•°°• IcyBC •°°• said...

These are just beautiful, colorful and fanciful lilies to see. I love all of these colors.

Susan Anderson said...

Oh, Beatrice and Adelaide! Where have you been all my life??

=D