Tuesday, September 20, 2011

52 Weeks of Happiness :: Week 29

<span class=

Going on a hike through the woods.

Roger and I stole some time
away from the kids

and decided to spend the afternoon

walking in the forest.


The trail was so peaceful
as we weaved between sunlight and shade


<span class=

I love to really take my time
to stop and notice the subtle

beautiful things hidden

along the way.


Like a vine hugging a tree,
the two seemed
desperately in love.

<span class=

Yellow flowers
that smiled when we
walked by.

<span class=

Paper thin leaves that shivered
and shook in the wind.

<span class=

The sound of the river
trickling past the rocks.

Photobucket

We found a spot
in the shade of a tree
and sprawled out in the grass.

The two of us simply laid there
for almost an hour.

The most delicious fall breeze
rushed over us.
The trees swayed languidly.

Birds soared high above us,
as we relaxed side by side.

My soul felt tended to.

Photobucket



Want to join me in my quest
to scout out happiness for a whole year?
Simply post a photo of something that
makes you wildly happy and tell us all about it.
Then, steal my button and include it in your post.
Don't forget to link up to Mr. Linky.


19 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful as always Leigh.. Man I need an hour in the grass in a forest away from everyone.. seriously I do...

Anonymous said...

Beautiful shots. So pretty.

Pieni Lintu said...

That first shot is like a painting - so beautiful!

Gina Kleinworth said...

WOW- Leigh- that sounds so wonderful. Amazing captures too

Jenn Valmonte said...

I so love that last shot. I am quite jealous as I still haven't done that in a very looooong time.

Linda D. said...

Ahh the zen of laying in the grass and appreciating the beauty around you! Priceless! Thanks for the mental - zen moment!

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Sounds like a wonderful date. Lovely photos.

Unknown said...

There's nothing quite like a day like that.

Ashley Sisk said...

That first shot almost looks like you're going into a secret garden. How neat!

Caroline said...

Sometimes I forget how amazing the flora is in the Southeast--especially in your area. Absolutely food for the soul.

The last shot of you and Roger laying under the shade is a classic. I love it!!

Tara said...

Beautiful shots, it looks so peaceful.

jOni lAnE said...

totally want to go there. beautiful.

Rosie Nixon Fluerty said...

Oh those images are so soft and evocative.

Rosie
from leavesnbloom photography.

Katherine said...

It sounds like a divine afternoon. I love walks in nature. They are soothing to the soul (even if one does end up covered in bugs.)

Michelle said...

Love that last shot!

R Montalban said...

beautiful

Anonymous said...

Now that sounds wonderful!!!

Alisha said...

beautiful post....full of happy for sure!!

Susan Anderson said...

It's good to take that time together, especially in nature.

=)