Tuesday, July 19, 2011

52 Weeks of Happiness :: Week 20

Photobucket

The swingset is up in our new backyard!!!


I don't mean to brag but

it is so spectacular with a three story playhouse.

What an incredible gift my mother-in-law

gave to our family!


It has been a true labor of love
to create the play area
for our wild boys and it is finally finished!

From clearing out the tall trees

to leveling the land,
we did it all with our own two hands.

Photobucket


So we decided to have a ribbon cutting ceremony

to celebrate the momentous occasion.

I made decorations and placed them with love.

Photobucket

It wouldn't be a celebration without cupcakes.
(Provided by Kids Kingdom Bakery, of course!)

Photobucket

We had a quick dedication on the slide
in front of our little family and my parents.

Griffin said a very short speech that went like this,

"Thanks Dad for all your hard work putting up the swingset...

NOW LET'S PLAY!"


Photobucket

There is a hidden picnic area
under the slide and the rock wall
that I know will house many many picnics.
It felt so nice to watch the first one unfold.

Photobucket

As I watched Griffin feel the thrill
of the wind blowing on his face
as the swing rocked back and forth,
I knew that our backyard home
was going to be a blessing.

Photobucket



Want to join me in my quest
to scout out happiness for a whole year?
Simply post a photo of something that
makes you wildly happy and tell us all about it.
Then, steal my button and include it in your post.
Don't forget to link up to Mr. Linky.

27 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am jealous!!! What a wonderful swingset... I'm sure it will be LOTS of use!!

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

It is a beautiful swing set. The kids are going to have lots of fun there.

Tina´s PicStory said...

That´s a nice playground! LG Tina :)

Linda D. said...

How fun to see a ribbon cutting ceremony, celebratory cupcakes and a "Let's Play Banner"! A good lesson for us all to create special memories for our family. Thanks.

Unknown said...

How sweet, great idea with the ribbon cutting ceremony. I'm adding that to my bag of tricks!

patty said...

it's beautiful and i think the flags truly "make it"! :) i'm sure this will be the site of many new family memories. great job! :)
patty@ www.findingserendipity.com {can't add my URL-sorry}

Little Hatchlings said...

Now THAT is one serious swing set! You're party looks awesome...how come I wasn't invited?

Ashley Sisk said...

That's a wonderful swingset and I love that you had cupcakes to celebrate the occasion.

Gina Kleinworth said...

WOW- That is AWESOME! Every kids dream!!!

Jessica said...

What a wonderful swing set! They will get alot of use out of it.

Danyelle said...

That swingset/ playhouse is awesome. I know a lot of fun will be had out there.

Heather H said...

That's awesome! What a great gift!

Unknown said...

Ackk I want to come play on it.. man that is too cool. My boys would love it, shoot I love it lol

Karen Mortensen said...

That is so awesome. They will have so much fun on it. Love the ribbon cutting ceremony.

Anjie said...

Awesome swing set! And I love your idea of having a ribbon cutting ceremony/party to dedicate it. So much fun!

Tiffany said...

Love the new digs...what fun!

Tiffany

tiarastantrums said...

I think some kids had a fabulous afternoon!

Susan said...

Oh that looks like a great place to play! I love all of the shade!

Susan Anderson said...

What a cool thing to have in your yard!

=)

Unknown said...

Now that's one fantastic swing set

Megan said...

What an amazing gift! And the photos are LOVELY! Thank you for sharing them with us. =)

Jessica Monte said...

What an awesome swingset! That looks like so much fun! A great way to get fun playdates going too.

LOVE the picture of the cupcakes. They look delish!

Coffee Lovin' Mom said...

I LOVE that you did a whole dedication ceremony! A great memory that will last for years to come!

Katherine said...

I have swingset envy. By the time we can get one of these, I worry my boys will be too old to care.

Caroline said...

IT IS AWESOME!!! I know y'all must be having SO much fun!! It is seriously the coolest playground I think I have ever seen.

And I know what hard work it must have been to put it up. Griffin's speech is too cute! What a neat way to welcome the new play area! I love it!!

Ducky said...

That really is the mother of all swingsets! How awesome!!

Vivian said...

My kids would be jealous if they see this. Maybe I'll put my husband to work on one soon :)