Monday, October 18, 2010

Fall Festival Madness

In our continuing quest to do cheap or free activities on the weekends, we found ourselves at a Fall Festival on a perfect sunny day! I just love a good old fashioned festival, even if it's crowded and the petting zoo stinks to high heaven. You won't find my kids over there petting a mangy little chicken, no way.


Highlights of our adventure included...

<span class=

Griffin eating cotton candy that was bigger than his head.

<span class=

He was then sticky and blue the rest of the morning, awesome!

<span class=

The food area that offered every unhealthy food that your clogged heart could desire. I opted for a home made fried peach pie which will not be seen here because I inhaled it in two seconds flat.

<span class=

There was some toe tappin' bluegrass.
My dear friend's husband was picking away at the banjo
so we stopped to be social and enjoy the music.


Photobucket

I'll be honest with you,
the boys threw themselves down on the grass
in a sugar induced fit

and growled at innocent people walking by
while my Mom and I enjoyed the music.
Koen looks like he is in pain in this photo
but that is just him being a tiger.


<span class=

There was also a Farmer's Market full of wholesome treats
and for a moment, I regretted my decision to eat that fried pie as I longed for a Cuban Guava Pastry or a Lemon Bar.
So, I stopped to photograph it instead.


<span class=

There were all sorts of handmade goodies to buy.

We spent some time destroying this display of wooden cars
and then putting them back over and over
while I fussed at my boys and
must have sounded like an angry hen.
In the end, we purchased a pull horse and a race car.

<span class=

Then, there was this monster slide
that would have made even Evil Knievel's mom squirm.
Griffin threw himself down it over and over and over
as Koen yelled at me because he was too little to go on it
and he desperately wanted a turn.

So, I would say that we had a fun time.
Even though when we left
I had a nasty sugar high and my nerves were shot.

Fall Festivals are worth every insane moment.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes they are! I love all the fried goodies.

Susan Anderson said...

Looks like a GREAT time to me. And I think the fried peach pie sounds tantalizing.

=)

Asha said...

lol...I love the picture of your son, post cotton candy. He looks like he devoured a Smurf.
http://www.ashafullife.blogspot.com

Anne-Marie said...

Awh, looks like you guys had an awesome time at the festival. Sounds like a perfect family outing :) And my, that must have been some sugar rush.

R Montalban said...

Sounds like you had a great time, I would have loved to see your kids growling I would have laughed at that.

Caroline said...

Man, that looks like so much fun!! I love anything fried so it sounds like heaven to me. I love the picture of the boys growling. That one is classic!

CJ said...

Looks like fun! Love the blue face :)