Friday, October 9, 2009

Lighten up

I'm tired of all this doom and gloom that I've been serving up about motherhood. It's time to lighten things up a bit. Believe it or not, I do have the uncanny ability to laugh at myself now and again. Especially if I've had a nap.

Back in June I swapped Blogs with an old friend named Alice. I love Alice...she's crafty and clever. Anyhoos, I created this list for her Blog called Circle a line. I have about 38 more readers now than I did then so, I decided to repost it. Enjoy!

My list of the most ridiculous moments of motherhood

1. Threatening to send my child to "time out" for beatboxing too loud at the dinner table.

2. Having a philosophical conversation with a four year old about the downfall of Anakin Skywalker and how he came to be Darth Vadar.

3. Saying lame things like, "When I was a kid we didn't even have Google. If I wanted to learn about something, I had to look it up in an encyclopedia."

4. Bribing my child with candy to try a bite of pizza.

5. Preparing dinner and setting up a place at the dinner table for my son's imaginary friend.

6. The fact that "family time" consists of all of us gathering around the television and playing Zelda for eight hours straight.

7. Allowing my son to blow $150 worth of Target gift cards on every single Star Wars action figure in the toy aisle. That should really teach him how to spend his money wisely.

8. It is staggering how many times a day I say the words, "get your hand out of your bottom."

*Read Alice's guest post here

9 comments:

Lee said...

I have to read Alice's post! But, isn't it funny how you can have such discussions with kids....man, I'm tired!!

Alice in Wonderland said...

We all need to laugh at ourselves at times! Life isn't all doom and gloom.
Even in the worst of times, we still manage to come through, whether it be good or bad. A sense of humour goes a long way!
Big hugs!

tori said...

oh my gosh this is hillarious! you could do a mr linkie thing with this! I'd have to think back about my most rediculous moments!

Stephanie Faris said...

My boyfriend's daughter has now taken to saying, "I know, I know, when you were a kid blah blah blah." Apparently we say it a LOT!

This Mama Rocks said...

that picture is hilarious. stopping by from sits to say hello!

Unknown said...

LMAO re: "get your hand out of your bottom!" that's a pretty common phrase in our house, too. along with, "get your finger out of your nose," "stop hitting your sister," and "are you even listening to me?"

motherhood. so crazy sometimes!

Tracie said...

That is a great idea for a post! My youngest loves Zelda. He plays it on DS and Playstation.

I say: Get off your brother, Go to your room, Yes or No?, and No hands!

When I say No Hands!, they start kicking.

Unknown said...

I have 3 boys and we have had some of the same conversations! Thanks for the cute post and the memories!

Happy Saturday SITS Sharefest!

Beth said...

There are so, so, so many ridiculous moments....and new ones every single day. Today, I spent at least an hour helping my little boys make a house for a "family" of roly-poly bugs they had collected in the back yard. Not something I ever imagined myself doing. SIGH.