Thursday, October 22, 2009

A big fat Thank you!


Have I mentioned how much I love my readers? I really do love y'all. Just a mere 3 months ago I had all of 8 loyal readers and a few lurkers (I'm talkin' bout' you Morristown, New Jersey and Plano, Texas) who have been with me from the get go. Lately, I've had an explosion of readers and I wish that I could thank every single one of you face to face. Thank you for giving my writing a purpose. Thank you for giving my voice an audience.

I've also made some new friends through this Blog. I guess that in the olden days we would be considered pen pals. These lovely ladies stop by everyday and leave me a comment. Some of us have taken a step further and even started e-mailing each other. It's like a whole new network of women there to say "Yeah...I was up at 4 am this morning too!" It fills a gap in my life that I didn't even know was there.

What did our moms do in 70's when there were no computers? They must have relied on their neighbors and community to close those gaps that we all have as mothers, women, humans. I feel so lucky to have this cyber community be just a click away.

I was always one of those girls that passed notes in class. You know the one, it read

Will you be my friend? Check one please.
Yes
No
Maybe

Thank you, dear reader, for checking "Yes"

14 comments:

Ducky said...

Thanks for being my 4am pal... it gets lonely with a teething babe and a husband you can hear snoring a full floor below you...

Leigh...my sanity...

SNARKLER 2010

Andrea said...

I am enjoying getting to know you and blessed to be counted as a friend and follower.

Blessings, hugs, and prayers, andrea

http://arise2write.blogspot.com
http://andrealuvsallgodscreatures.blogspot.com

Jane said...

I love your blog and am glad that I found you. I'm sorry that I don't comment very much-- I'm not great at that part of blogging. But not because I don't love your blog. I love when my google reader has an update for Leigh vs. Laundry. You're a great writer, and always manage to put a smile on my face. So thank-YOU!

Theta Mom said...

Your freakin awesome Leigh, that's what makes we come back again and again. xoxo

BTW, who's from Morristown? Would love to check out their blog. I know Motown very well.

KristinFilut said...

It's great, isn't it!?! I love being able to have people to interact with AND not having to pay a babysitter to do it!!!

Tami G said...

Awwwww....I'm so glad I found you! I LOVE your blog and I get so excited when you update! (I share your stories with my friends who probably think I have gone off my rocker!) "Hey girls, I was reading Leigh's blog last night and you are going to crack up...." Inside they are thinking - HUH? who is LEIGH?? LOL
They have nooooooo idea!!!!!!

and your right - I never knew that the blog world was so full of supportive sweet ladies that are always there when you need someone.

I'm truly blessed :)

Tracie Nall said...

YES!!! and you are welcome! :)

Tracie said...

Thanks for being your awesome self!

Without the internetz I might have to talk to real life people! The horrors!

Mommy Words said...

Why of course I will be your friend! I love it! Though I new I will take the tahnk you and send one right back! And I love to comment so you will see me here often. I just can't keep my big mouth shut!

2Wired2Tired said...

I agree I love the blogging community, it's such a wonderful feeling to log on to your blog and see that people have actually read and commented about what you wrote.

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your well-deserved award and hope I get to meet you at Snarkler!

Unknown said...

Just came by... love your blog and your style of writing! ;) Blogging is definitely a great way of reaching out across geographical boundaries and cultures. Hallo from Singapore! ;)

Meandering Mel said...

YES! (I just "followed" you. I found you through Scary Mommy's blog.) Congrats on being Winner #2!

Joy said...

Well, I'm one of your new readers and I'm really enjoying you sharing parts of your life with us. My brother recently told me that he thinks social networks cause people to be less personal and have less real friends. I disagreed and told him about my new community of friends I have through blogging!