Sunday, October 11, 2009

The decline of Western civilization


Yesterday Roger and I dropped the kiddos off at my parent's house and went to a matinee movie. We saw Couples Retreat and it was pretty funny. I found myself having a hard time looking at Vince Vaughn though. He has not aged well.

When he first came on the scene in the movie Swingers I thought that he was the image of the perfect male specimen. He was a pretty bad boy and I couldn't get enough of Trent. To this day when I watch that movie I get all hot and bothered over the dude.

He was SO yummy!


Now...not so much! Look at him down there, he has bags under his bags. He has chins for days. He always looks hung over and pasty and puffy. It pains me to gaze upon him.

Poor Vince, will he ever be yummy again?

13 comments:

Lee said...

Ummmm...nope.

Theta Mom said...

He is so funny, but I agree, not as yummy as before.

Amanda {My Life Badly Written} said...

Maybe he should stick to being behind the camera instead of in front of it!!!

JennyMac said...

I cant wait to see this...but yes...he certainly looks MUCH different.

I have something for you so put on your dancing shoes and come to my Sunday Awards Show.

Alice in Wonderland said...

EMMMMMM, Hate to burst your bubble, but it looks like the good old days have left their mark! But, on the plus side, air-brushing works wonders!

Liz Mays said...

You made me crack up with your description of him. However, his humor helps me to look beyond the obvious. ;)

said...

Love{d} Swingers. Favreau and Vaughn have been such a great team in the past. I do hate to see Vince go to pot. Although I think he looked pretty darn good in Wedding Crashers, so maybe there's still hope.

Unknown said...

I totally agree with you. Vince used to be my man. Not so much. Maybe some Botox or plastic surgery could bring him back to us? LOL!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is harsh. I'm not a Vince Vaughn fan and I have my share of yummy celeb male, but that was quite a bashing. He's only human, too.

Ducky said...

Yikes! Not even airbrushing and Gene Simmons could fix that!

Tracie said...

He looks like he could be my twin brother.

Tami G said...

GOSH - I can't WAIT to see that movie... I LOOOOOVE Vince Vaughn BUT I hadn't noticed how NOT well he had aged until you pointed that out! LOTS of years of HARD partying in those eyes!!!!

Side Street Style said...

I hope he does become yummy again cos he has all the pro's of being super - I'm he is funny and talented....come back fit Vince!!!

Laura just dropping in from SITS

www.sidestreetstyle.com