Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Awards

It's time to hand out some awards and thank some amazing people who handed them to me. It's raining like crazy here in Georgia today. It's just too nasty out to bother getting dressed up this morning. My Jimmy Choo shoes would just get soaked and my hair would frizz the moment the humidity hits it. I hope that you don't mind that I gave my stylist, make up artist, and hairdresser the morning off. It's just me in my jammies and morning breath this time.

Let's get down to business!

Thank you to the lovely JennyMac at Let's Have a Cocktail for bestowing the Honest Scrap award to me. I've seen this award floating around cyberspace and wanted it to be all mine. So thank you kindly Ms. Mac!

In keeping with the rules here are...
10 things that you don't know about me
1 .One of my favorite indulgences is eating fast food in my car.
2. In high school I won the "Wittiest of my class" superlative.
3. I was the only person who campaigned to be voted Wittiest of my class. It's amazing what
teenagers will do in exchange for a cookie.
4. When I meet famous people, I turn into a total spaz and scare them to death.
5. I hate spiders. I saw one the other day and screamed like a baby.
6. I am working on a novel that I have been writing over the last 12 years.
7. When I am on Oprah for the novel that took me decades to write, I will wear a red cocktail
dress, fishnet pantyhose, and widely inappropriate shoes.
8. If you are what you eat then I am a French fry.
9. My biggest pet peeve is when I am taking shower and suddenly the water gets hot so
I turn on the cold water a little bit and then the water gets too cold so I turn up the hot
hot water a little bit and it gets too hot and the cycle continues throughout the entire shower.
10. My baby is enamored with Diet Dr. Pepper cans. If I lift one to my lips in his presence
he erupts into wiggles and giggles.

The next award was given to me by Alice in Wonderland. Thank you so much, it's a cute one.

I give the award to my favorite ladies. Just get used to it folks because I lurve them all so much that I'm just going to throw awards at them until they beg me to stop.

Speaking From the Crib
It ain't easy being cheesy
Let's have a Cocktail
Lee the Hotflash queen

Thank you to all of these wonderful Bloggers for being you and taking the time to write about your life. I am honored to know you in cyberspace!

11 comments:

Ducky said...

Congrats on your awards and those to whom you dished them out! Looking forward to checking out some new blogs!

Lee said...

I LOVE this one!! Thank you SO much!!

Amanda {My Life Badly Written} said...

Congratulations on your awards! It's nice to get some warm fuzzies!!

Theta Mom said...

Congrats girl! You so deserve them! Love your blog. ;)

JennyMac said...

Love it Leigh! You are so good to me. Thanks for the award and congrats on your well-deserved awards as well. I loved your list.

SPEAKING FROM THE CRIB said...

another one for my trophy case - thanks girl! and congrats to you!

Unknown said...

I'm so excited about my award---thank you! And congratulations to you for receiving them. I heart your blog!

Tracie said...

Congrats on your awards! Thanks for passing one of them to me!

#3 Teenagers are easy. My friend would flash her rack for a cig.
#6 Finish it! I can't wait to see you on Oprah in your fishnets.

Expat Barbie said...

thank you, lady leigh :)

i am SO enjoying your blog, and it's nice to get such great validation from you on mine :)

GFS said...

I can't wait to see your inappropriate outfit on Oprah pushing your book!! LOL

Visiting from SITS!!

Tracie said...

Something for you coming up on Stir Fry. If I ever get it finished. Le Sigh.