Wednesday, May 20, 2009

An open letter to the Universe


Dear Universe,

I have been thinking lately about the state of things and I have a special request. Not to sound dramatic but since I have given birth to my second son, I am out of my head with crazy insane love. The kind of love that makes me feel like a cave woman. I feel like if my children were in danger that I could fight off a saber tooth tiger with one arm and prepare dinner over the fire with the other. It's a gutteral nutty kind of love.
So my request is to please be gentle with my children.
I know that every child has to go through struggles and I don't mind a skinned knee or hurt feelings every now and again. Just try and keep it manageable.
My heart has never been so full as it is now and it's making me nervous.
So please...look out for these kids of mine. I have no choice but to bravely send them out into the world and all I'm asking is that it is a kind place for them to be.
Your,
Leigh

No comments: