Friday, February 20, 2009

I've decided to quit my bitchin!

I know that I've been feeling sorry for myself, for all the reasons that I listed the other day but I know in my heart that my life is really not that bad. I just like to bitch and moan, I guess.

I was talking to a dear friend on the phone the other day. Her husband has been working out of town for the last 6 weeks. Leaving her alone at home during the weeknights, lonely and bored. I was about to feel sorry for her and commiserate when she said something brilliant.

"It could be worse, like on Little House on The prairie when the crops died and Charles had to leave to find work, leaving Caroline with the children. All the women had to go out in the field and save the crops and one woman got real depressed and started freaking out and Caroline had to slap her. Remember that?"

I promptly congratulated her on having the uncanny ability to relate everything in life to an episode of Little House on the Prairie.

When I got off the phone though, that comment stayed with me. She's right, I have nothing to complain about. I don't live on the prairie with no electricity and I don't have to milk a cow for my family to have nourishment. I have running water and heat. I don't have to hop onto a rickety old covered wagon to go to town and deal with Mrs. Olsen's snobby attitude if I need something from the store.

NO, I just hop into my huge inherited Lincoln Towncar and hightail it to Kroger while me and Griffin listen to bad hip hop on the radio until we get there.

So, thanks Christine...for being so wise and bestowing the wisdom of Caroline Ingles on me. I love ya!


No comments: